Contemporary Hotels is proud to introduce the most iconic, private home by Australia's architectural master, the late Harry Seidler, famously known as, The Seidler House.
It's arguably Seidler's most striking residential masterpiece and is not only drop dead gorgeous, it's the perfect holiday abode, which incorporates the latest advances in construction technology. Built into the natural rock formation, this award-winning design, which was completed in 2000, is dramatically positioned on the edge of a rugged sandstone escarpment, ensuring panoramic bush views overlooking a deep picturesque gorge of the Wingecarribee River, Joadja, near Mittagong and Bowral, in the Southern Highlands.
This spectacular property has been celebrated in several international magazines including Architectural Digest and projects the glamour of the Hollywood Hills. It features a spacious open plan with floor to ceiling glass walls, opposing curved roofs, local stone, Alta quartzite floors, Verde marina granite and Norwegian stone. White walls complement the stone, as does the generous yet functional living spaces with open fireplaces that mould together and extend to viewing decks, vast outdoor areas, sculptures and stone gardens that lead to a sensual and central swimming pool. This spectacular building is like a sculpture that is proudly set amongst 150 acres of natural bush with 2 km of river, where privacy is assured as no other property can be seen. Wildlife abounds with wombats, kangaroos, platypus, koalas and birdlife.
The four bedroom house provides luxury accommodation for up to eight people to enjoy. It is the perfect location to escape to, yet local restaurants, cafes, wineries, boutiques, antique shops and a variety of sporting facilities are close by. This magical combination of privacy, tranquillity and luxury is in total harmony with nature and is less than a 90 minute drive from either Sydney or Canberra.
"It's a partnership with nature - we fitted the house into its setting", says architect Harry Seidler of this dramatic residence.
"I want to defy gravity as Italian engineer, Pier Lugi Nervi did while creating something in 3 dimensions that is poetic and beautiful" - Harry Seidler.
- Sleeps 8
- Magnificent views of the Southern Highlands and beyond
- Open plan living/dining
- 4 Bedrooms: 3 king bedrooms and 1 bedroom with bunk beds. (sleeps 8 altogether)
- Bathrooms: Two full bathrooms with bath and shower, including and ensuite off main bedroom
- A large kitchen with 3 stoves: gas, wood fired and microwave
- Separate laundry with all amenities
- 3 Fireplaces (one in main bedroom)
- Large balconies, decks and patios overlooking stunning views
- Telephone, Flat screen TV, DVDs, Hi-fi and CD player
- Huge private garden (150 acres) with bush walking tracks to the river below
- 2km of private river frontage
- Swimming pool in dramatic setting
- Outdoor lounging areas with BBQ, deckchairs and dining furniture
- Premium linen, toweling and Aveda toiletries
- Plenty of parking including garage parking for 2 cars
Please note that minor interior decoration changes are made from time to time.