This luxury holiday villa is the quintessential Australian beach house rental. Located on the North Coast of NSW. Byron Bay, it is the perfect place to unwind for those who prefer a private vacation retreat that focuses on beautiful architecture, gorgeous views, bikinis, sarongs and a sense of the bohemian. Originally known as a hippy hangout for all things alternative, Byron Bay has emerged as one of Australia's premium playgrounds for the rich and famous. Wategos Beach is the jewel in the crown along the famous stretch, where local surfers share the waves with the occasional dolphin.
Situated just steps from Wategos, Byron Bay Villa is surrounded by established tropical gardens and luscious palms and backs directly onto a nature reserve, where the famous coastal walk meanders to the Cape Byron Lighthouse – Australia's most easterly point.
Arrive via the wet-edge pool on the lower deck, flanked by Indian daybeds overlooking the ocean and take the dramatic orange staircase to the top level open-plan living space. Floor-to-ceiling windows fold back to create a seamless transition between indoors and the huge sun-drenched outdoor deck, laden with lounging furniture.
Designed by Australian architectural design master Iain Halliday of BKH, Byron Bay Villa is a beach house getaway of impeccable detail. Kenzo-upholstered sofas are backed by a mirrored wall to ensure the azure water is reflected at all times. A 'floating' kitchen is kept clean and uncluttered by recessing amenities for that clean-line aesthetic. The spacious king-sized bedroom and its ensuite open to a private deck and more spectacular views. The powder room and oval European bath in the large ensuite are crowned by domed skylights. This is luxury accommodation at its best.
Venture into Byron's central hub where laid-back residents and sun-tanned creative types rub shoulders with city sophisticates and the odd celebrity. Hire a car and drive across Byron's rolling hinterland, from quaint Bangalow to old Mullumbimby, and the forest-dwelling hippy culture in Nimbin.
Seasoned surfers and beachcombers argue that Wategos renowned crystal water, white sand and protected north-facing aspect make it Byron's best beach.
- Four bedrooms. Upstairs: one King bedroom with ensuite. Downstairs: two Queen bedrooms and one bedroom with two single beds.
- Three bathrooms: Carrara marble in bathroom downstairs with separate shower and bath; powder room; and ensuite with separate shower and toilet, twin basins and oval European bath.
- Magnificent elevated views.
- Steps from the beach
- Quality linen, towelling and Aesop toiletries.
- Air-conditioning or fans in all bedrooms.
- Gas fireplace in the living area.
- Telephone, TV, DVD player and CD stereo.
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities with European appliances.
- Large decks, terraces and patios.
- Barbecue, outdoor dining and lounging areas.
- Wet-edge swimming (lap) pool + spa
- Parking for three cars.
- Byron Bay Villa allows for a maximum of eight guests.
Please note that minor interior decoration changes are made from time to time.