Bedarra Island is the closest thing to tropical paradise in Australia – and Bedarra Island Villa is one of the most beautiful private places to stay in Australia's famed Great Barrier Reef. This is the signature property in the Contemporary Hotels collection.
The Villa is positioned near the waters edge on a private two-acre estate which wraps around a palm-framed white-sand beach. Prominent artists, photographers and writers consider Doorila Cove to be the most beautiful beach on the island. Here you can swim or snorkel for hours in the warm clear turquoise waters of the coral sea.
The functional design of the Villa is languidly relaxed, yet comfortably modernist – with interiors by renowned interior architect Robert Davidov. The Villa has two queen-sized bedrooms and an open-plan lounge/dining space which expands out to a large deck. All enjoy stunning views of the beautiful coral sea and the distant islands, extending to the oceans of the Great Barrier Reef, South Pacific and beyond.
There is also a Studio on the property that was originally built by prominent artist Noel Wood in the early 20th century, the Studio was his residence for more than 50 years. Since renovated by Ian Moore, it maintains many original features including the gin and cognac bottle feature wall, a stone fireplace, bamboo paneling and a collection of original bamboo furniture items handmade by Mr Wood himself.
There are only a small number of private homes on East Bedarra Island and there is no public access – so you will never see any day-trippers. The property and its surrounds have been documented in many books and magazines, including Wallpaper, Vogue Living and Belle. The Villa also featured on Channel Seven's travel show The Great Outdoors.
Travelling to Bedarra Island will be relished by those who love a sense of adventure. This is a getaway in every sense and once there you'll feel as though in another world where you can unwind in seclusion, but not in isolation. Our caretakers will wait on the beach for your arrival by boat to help you land – literally and figuratively – on your island in the sun.
- Three king-sized bedrooms + Queen sized day bed.
- Two/Three bathrooms + separate shower and toilet + outdoor showers and toilet.
- Outdoor bathtub.
- Nearby caretakers to assist you with any needs.
- Absolute beach frontage.
- No day trippers are allowed on the island.
- Magnificent views of the sea and neighbouring islands.
- Modernist design interiors by Robert Davidov.
- 2x fully equipped kitchens.
- Outdoor dining and lounging areas with barbecue.
- Kayaks, snorkeling gear, fishing reels and rods (BYO tackle and bait).
- Boating facilities available from Mission Beach.
- Alternative beach only 100 metres away.
- TV, DVD player and CD stereo.
- Telephone (local calls only).
- Superior linen, toweling and Aesop toiletries.
- Fully equipped laundry facilities (shared with The Studio).
- The Villa allows for a maximum of 4 guests + 4 Guests in Studio